Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Home sweet home

Living out of a suitcase comes to an end (for a little while at least).  Have now found and moved into our new Houston home.

So the last week has been all about establishing utilities and services so as to kick start our new digs.  That has, in itself, been very challenging.  Nothing gets done here without a Social Security number or credit history.  And of course, we have or had neither.  It was a milestone moment last week when we were issued with our Social Security numbers; despite the errors in our names.  Finally, I was able to establish power, water and gas connections.  Funnily enough, the toughest one to get going has been the Internet and TV.  Thus the delays in my blog posts!  We are still without those until next week so I am coming to you today from Starbucks - decent coffee and free Internet!

So here you go, a couple of picks of our new digs and me having dinner in my dining room!!


Dining

View from our media room