Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gifts


Its that time of the year again when you see Mums and Dads out and about stressing over that “gotta have” gift for their kids; or party hosts with long shopping lists scanning the isles for that one special ingredient.  It always seems odd to me that we need a ‘special occasion’ or a date on the calendar in which to express how we feel about those we love and about life in general.  Everyday should be just such a day but I guess we can always find excuses for not getting around to it.  Perhaps that is what Christmas has become for many people….a reminder!  So to all those who pass through my life and to those who have stayed...thank you.
In my little world, we have everything we need – each other, our wonderful families, a bunch of fantastic friends, a great home, fabulous food and wine in our pantry, respect and love, and opportunity.  So gift giving always proves to be incredibly difficult in our home to the extent that we usually end up having a ridiculous conversation that starts with “so what do you want for Christmas?”.  I mean, where is the surprise in that? 
But this year, we didn’t have that conversation.   
This year the gift for me has been seeing the most amazing bedazzled expression and grin on C’s face.  This year I have gotten to see that little boy within him absolutely enthralled and whimsical.  And for that….I am happy and content.  
This year, after a lifetime of talking about his dream…we did it. 
Say hello to the newest member of my family:  Coromell

 Now....where is that sunset champagne??