Friday, January 11, 2013

The Colorado River

The
Temple, Salt Lake City
Sunrise, Salt Lake City
North Window

I have been truly blessed in my life to have seen some beautiful things.  Today….will rank among the top of the list.  Driving through Nevada and Utah, and particularly trailing along the edges of the Colorado River, has been amazing. There is no greater artist than Mother Nature.  In all things, the artwork in Southern Utah is beyond perfection!   Try as I might, I don’t think my photos will do her justice.  Today we left our brief bed rest in Salt Lake City, which is a really pretty city I might add, and made our way down through canyon country, the Arches National Park, and along the Colorado River.  I can’t find sufficient adjectives in my vocabulary to impart how truly beautiful Southern Utah is.  Sitting comfortably beside the Grand Canyon, today’s trip ranks as one of the most beautiful landscapes I think I have ever seen.  Magnificent colours and rock formations, messa and cliffs, mountain ranges like nothing I have seen before, and the beautiful, yet sadly shackled, Colorado River combine to leave the observer speechless.  This part of the USA is beyond WOW.

North and South Windows




Balancing Rock









Park Avenue, The Arches National Park


Pondering Life
Turret Window
Ice crystals, Utah
Cisco ghost town, Utah