Thursday, March 23, 2017

London

Waking up this morning in London is different to yesterday.  Today, I’m sad.  Sad that this amazing city, which opens its doors to the world every day, was brutalised by one misguided, angry man.  Sad that four people wandered into London yesterday never to leave.  Sad that a police officer went off to work and gave his life to ensure the safety of others.  This is a truly wonderful city, perhaps the greatest on Earth.  The recipe of its people, culture, history, architecture and attitude mix together to create the most incredible dish!

When I first came here, I can’t say I expected to fall in love with it.  I’m an Australian country girl at heart and big cities are fun to visit but not to live in right!  But that’s what happened….I fell in love.  London never ceases to entertain and surprise you.  It has the most amazing museums and art galleries, fabulous food scene, incredible music and arts culture, and an eclectic mix of people.  There is always something new to see and visit and each time I step out onto the Thames Path, I revel in the panorama of the city and its beautiful river.


I have always felt welcome here and find most people I meet to be engaging and full of interesting stories.  I love that what makes this ancient city of London what it is today encompasses so much.  It is a treasure and today, I want to recognise that beauty and acknowledge the strength of character of Londoners.  I pray that the events of 22 March do not change the heart and soul of this magnificent place.