Friday, April 24, 2015

A weekend in Paris

It wouldn't matter when you visited Paris.  Its always alluring and elegant and outrageous and so many other adjectives.  I never tire of it or walking the streets exploring old and new places. I have had short and long stays there over the years and there is always something to see and do and activities for any itinerary or capability.

This time, the feet and body weren't terribly kind to me but I still managed to explore and soak up everything that makes Paris unique.  What I can say, having been entertained by Paris before, is that now when I visit, the pressure to be a tourist has lifted.  I don't  have to rush around seeing 'stuff' because I may only visit once.  Having been on a few occasions before, I've visited all the iconic 'must sees' such that now, I can sit in one of the many fabulous bistros and cafes and watch Paris walk on by or I can meander amongst all the wonderful nooks and crannies that are just full of surprises.  Or, as I did on this trip, attempt to converse in my hideous French and mingle with the locals.

No matter the inclination, Paris is such an amazing and beautiful place.